SAYFL 2020 Season Health Protocol
UpdatedThursday August 13, 2020 bySeymour Area Youth Football League.
UPDATE: SAYFL HAS SUSPENDED THE CURRENT SEASON - CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES AS WE LOOK FOR REGULAR SESAON ALTERNATIVES!
Our 2020 Season Mantra is “Stay Fluid and Agile!” as this season holds many unknowns and to give our
players the most football and cheer activity, we will have to be flexible.
SAYFL will be following USA Football, IHSAA, and Seymour Community School guidance for all season activities. We will keep you updated as progress – we are in uncharted territory. We ask for and appreciate your cooperation in advance.
- Parents will receive a handout at the combine as well as an email prior to the combine outlining the COVID Protocols.
- Parents, we are asking you to self-monitor in your home for Covid-19. This means that we ask you to check your child's temperature prior to leaving home and do not attend practice if their temperature is 100.4 or above. If your child is exhibiting any signs of illness, has tested positive for Covid-19 or has been exposed to viral activity, please keep them at home and contact your child's primary care physician.
- If you send your child to practice or a game and they are exhibiting any signs of illness, they will be sent home immediately and will not be able to attend practices or games without a Doctors release to return to participate. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. This is to preserve the health of our players and volunteers – we will err on the side of abundant caution this season.
- Hydration – Players will need to bring their own water bottles for all practice and games. We will not be utilizing the mass hydrator as we have in the past.
- Hand Sanitizing – Coaches, Officials, Volunteers and Players will sanitize their hands at the beginning of all SAYFL events, when leaving the practice field/field of play, and returning to the practice field/field of play.
- Game Schedule Changes – Game decisions will be made and shared during Thursday Practices
- Season Cancelations – Should Seymour High School Athletics cancel their season, that shuts down the stadium, and our season. Coaches are to help contact their team to arrange for equipment pickup or drop off to receive any refund offered by the league.
- Stadium Map and Traffic Flow - There is a modified traffic flow and pickup/drop off for athletes this season. Please honor social distancing when lining up for gate entry, restrooms, concessions and drop off/pickup.